Starting with FPC version 2.5.1 lazarus and FPC allow to save forms in lfm format without the need of LRS files.
This change make even easy migrate code from Delphi to Lazarus.
Lazarus trunk version.
FPC trunk version (tested with version 2.5.1, don't know which is the minimal version required).
(Edited: minimal version required is FPC Version 2.4.0. Thanks Paul!)
The steps are:
1) Go to project options, tab miscellaneous and select fpc resources.
2) Copy dfm file to lfm file.
3) Open pas file on lazarus.
4) search your dfm reference and replace it for
5) Search the include for lrs file at inicialization section and remove it.
6) HIT F12 (to see the lfm file).
7) You can safely ignore warnings about properties non presents in lazarus. That is true for the most of cases, but like you are a serious programmer will always read the warning messages to evaluate importance of the message, right? ;)
8) Build. Done!
As always, don't forget to add need uses clauses in header of units ( i mind LclType, LResources,etc).